Thursday, May 26, 2016

Sabbatical

Just a little while ago I pulled the trigger on deactivating my Facebook account.  Not sure for how long.  I just find myself getting lost in Facebook for hours at a time.  I'm fairly sure that it's nearly entirely due to finding ways to distract myself from my current living situation.  Marsh is primarily with his dad and Brett's in Alaska.  It's really my first time truly living alone.  And you know what?  I can't say I like it.

As for Brett, I haven't seen him in just over three months. He's finished with the Academy and now he's back in BFE.  No clue when I'll see him again.  He should finish his FTO training mid-June.  I miss him more than I can express.

And now, it's pretty late.  I haven't been able to get to sleep before two in I have no idea how long.  Meh.

On a good note, bills are getting paid.  And now have a goal of moving to a rental house within the next six months.  I look forward to all that entails.  Goals for the new place: fenced yard with an element of privacy, a tub I can fill WAAAAAY up and soak, craft space, room for the kiddo, ideally no carpet or minimal, and also ideally I'd love to be able to paint the inside.  Also, more rural.  I'll enjoy my last summer in Tacoma's Stadium District and with my friends/neighbors.  But I look forward to this next step.  I planned for six months here and by the time I leave I'll have been here about 4 years. :O

That's it for now.  Time to get to bed.

No comments: