Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rolling with the Punches

I think it's funny how we set ourselves up trying to control the flow of life's path.  It works sometimes.  I made sure I had ingredients for pizza.  I made pizza.  WIN!

But sometimes life will throw you a curve ball.. Okay, a LOT of times life will throw you a curve ball.

I'm trying to be vague here because this blog is supposed to be about my journey but it often involves other people who aren't wanting to share.

We'll just say I'm currently exercising a lesson in being flexible and embracing change and the opportunity to use the skills I've learned.

Today I'm focusing on standing up for what is right even when it's hard.  Even when those decisions also mean that that the way we've set up life will no longer function.  It's time to change the plan.  That's part of living in the present and going with the flow.

I'm also exercising this statement that Wayne Dyer taught me and recently RuPaul has pummeled into my brain (yes, RuPaul.. all those episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race are paying off).  Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

No comments: