Monday, November 05, 2012

Thanksgiving

I really am so grateful for so much in my life.  I just wanted to share just a tidbit of that.

I am grateful for my son.  He made me a mother, the only thing I ever knew I wanted to be when I grew up. From the first flutters in my belly to the rushed hug he gave me yesterday, all amazing gifts that I keep getting.  He is smart, sensitive and remarkably funny.  I am SO lucky.

I am grateful for my husband.  This shift we made in our living space, in our careers, in everything, has made room for us to grow together stronger than we were before.  We got our honeymoon period we never got.  Leisurely waking up together.  Snuggling.  Being playful.  Growing not only the love but the friendship as well.

I am grateful for my friends.  They are so very important to me.  They give me the space to grow without judgement.  They love me and support me while I grow.  They have given me oh so much in life.  I am so blessed!

I am grateful for my family.  No matter our crazy, dysfunctional challenges my family truly loves me.  I grew up knowing that no matter what I did, no matter my mistake, that I could go home and I'd still be loved.  Learning experiences do not define you except how you grow from them.  My parents got this.  My brothers tolerated the whiney, bratty little sister whose only wish was for her brothers to like her.  No matter how much I am the weirdo, I know they still love me.  Oh, they don't understand me, but they love me.  

What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

Emily said...

You! And a bunch of other stuff. I haven't been able to stop thinking about how delightful it was to be taken out to lunch by you the other day and I'm not so patiently waiting for my turn to do the same for you.