Saturday, May 26, 2012

Strength

There's a sunny haze in my eyes. You see my heavy heart and you, my hero, you sweep me up and whisk me away. You have no idea how amazing you are. Not many would understand, and you don't either. But most wouldn't be so kind. Most would turn away. But you love me. You hold me still while my emotions, generally unfounded and the surrounding circumstances typically imagined, throw me into a scene befitting the drama of a teenage girl. Writhing and weeping inside, the emotional equivalent of a dust devil spinning wildly and crashing to the ground only to repeat this feat as often as the wind blows. You see my still, quiet form and somehow you know what's going on inside. Your patience astounds me. Your kind heart amazes me. I love you. I appreciate you. For more than 10 years now, you are my knight in shining armor.

No comments: