Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a letter

Tell me you love me.
Tell me you need me.
Tell me I mean the world to you.


Tell me I'm precious.
Tell me I'm smart.
Absolutely tell me that I am right.


Tell me I'm worth holding.
Tell me I deserve a kiss.
Reassure me that I'll learn from my mistakes.


Tell me I'm worth touching.
Tell me I'm funny.
Tell me that I'm perfect the way I am.

Be gentle with my heart.  Whisper kind words in my ear.  Never treat me poorly.  Never say unkind things about me.  Never hurt me.

I forgive you for your past transgressions.  I forgive your lack of love.  I forgive your past abuses.  You'll never run out of chances.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And I'll give you the space to love me right.  Yes, tomorrow is a new day.


I bet you thought that was TO someone.. Yeah, it was.. it was to me.  I'm so willing to give these things to other people but how can I when I can't even give them to myself.

Good lord this is a powerful journey!  I amaze and terrify myself.  I need to stab being timid in the chest because it does the world no good.  I need to open up my powerful self and fall in love with me.  And you know what?  You deserve it too.  I bet you believe I should love myself, right?  Why shouldn't you love yourself too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm learning this from a support group I'm in. But it's so hard once you've been trained, and decided to hate yourself. It IS a terrifying journey, but the only one that's left, and the most important. I want to die in peace.

~ J.